Patient Information During COVID-19 Pandemic
Saltergate Physiotherapy Clinic
As the lockdown measures in England have been eased our governing bodies have now allowed us to resume Face To Face consultations again.
However, we must fulfil the current guidelines in order to do so.
This means that the way we work, and how the clinic operates is significantly different to usual.
The safety of our patients and staff is of paramount importance to us, now more than ever.
Please find to follow information regarding the changes we have made and the measures we have put in place to help keep us all safe.
Social Distancing Measures
In order to reduce the overall number of people in the clinic at any one time and help comply with social distancing, we will be;
- Working without reception staff.
- Reducing the appointments from 2 to 1 per hour, per therapist.
- Staggering appointment times, thus reducing the likelihood of patients crossing over in shared areas e.g. the entrance hall.
- Having a maximum of 2 therapists working in the clinic at any one time.
- Wherever possible, have the 2 therapists working on different floors of the building.
- Closing our waiting room, other than in exceptional circumstances.
To reduce unnecessary contact, we will also;
- Offer online appointment booking, with text message reminders.
- Offer email invoices and receipts.
- Keep as many doors open as possible.
- Encourage contactless payments.
Infection Control Measures
To help with infection control measures we will be adhering to an enhanced cleaning routine. This will include the cleaning, between each appointment, of;
- Treatment room surfaces, couches, pillows, and equipment.
- Door handles.
- Reception surfaces.
- Card machines.
We have also removed all towelling couch covers and reduced the use of pillow cases and towels.
Treatment rooms will be left vacant for at least 1 hour between use.
Our physiotherapists will be wearing appropriate PPE, in accordance with current Public Health guidelines.
How You Can Help
The safety of our patients and therapists is paramount and therefore we politely ask you to;
- Remain outside the clinic until your therapist indicates that it is safe for you to enter.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided on entering and exiting the building.
- Attend your appointment alone unless absolutely necessary (please discuss with your therapist prior to the appointment).
- Avoid using our toilets whenever possible.
- Pay for your treatment at the time of each appointment (preferably by contactless means).
- Wear your own face mask or similar covering should you wish to do so.
Booking A Consultation With Us
Whether it is your first time with us or you have been to the clinic before one of our therapists MUST speak to you before we can book an appointment.
This is so we can assess your clinical needs, verbally give you some information and give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have before we both agree that a Face To Face consultation is appropriate for you.
After this we then need to send you the information for you to read before you complete an Informed Consent form (we will do all of this by electronic means whenever possible).
Once we have received your form we can than book you an appointment.
Availability Of Appointments
Because of the changes in the way we are working it also means that appointment availability will be different to usual as well.
Currently, Ted Morgan-Jones will not be available at all.
The rest of us will be as flexible as we possibly can to give you as much choice as possible when it comes to available appointment times.
If you would like to book an appointment with us then please contact the clinic so that we can get this process under way.
We look forward to seeing you soon.